- USST Rover Video
- HAB Launch August 2, 2014
- USST Places 7th in 2014 University Rover Challenge
- URC Rover Testing April 22
- University of Saskatchewan Space Design Team to Compete in Mars Rover Challenge
The University of Saskatchewan Space Design Team is now working on a new aspect of space technology, robotics. The USST is currently designing, constructing and testing a Mars rover. This rover is to be capable of retrieving rock and soil samples to be tested, act as an aid for astronauts, perform equipment maintenance, and travel through rough and challenging terrain. More information can be seen on the competition website!
The USST is registered to compete in the 2014 University Rover Challenge hosted by the Mars Society in Hanksville, Utah, USA.
For this project the team is broken up into two general design teams, the electrical and mechanical design teams.
Electrical Design Team
The electrical design team serves as an umbrella for the following aspects of the design:
- Sensor output analysis
- Power systems
- Logic development
- Communication software and hardware
- Electrical hardware development
- User interface and control
Mechanical Design Team
The mechanical design team serves as an umbrella for the following aspects of the design:
- Main structure
- Method of mobility including motor control
- Robotic arm design
- Sample collection